« All Events
The Business of Being a Doula | Live Online class ( Feb 3 )
February 3 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm $95.00 – $105.00
Passionate about being a doula, but intimidated by running a small business? This business development class will take you deeper from where your doula training left off!
All classes are held live online and to create a personalized learning experience classes are limited to small groups. Attendance will provide 5 CEU’s through DONA International.
Some of the topics we’ll be covering:
- Pros & cons of becoming a small business owner
- Doula business models to choose from
- Legal business structure options
- Risk management– how to protect yourself
- Naming your business – Choosing a name that reflects who you are
- New client forms – Creating a new client packet + client contracts
- Fees and packages
- Promotion & marketing
- Launching your practice – Preparation for success!
Classes are either held in two sessions one week apart with class hours: 1 pm – 3:30 pm PST or in one session with class hours: 11 am-5 pm, with a break from 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Instructor: Janine Maitri, Birth Doula Trainer (DONA)
Janine brings 40 years of experience to her classes and workshops. She’s witnessed and participated in the development and evolution of the doula profession since it began and has been training people in the Art of Childbirth Assisting since the early 1980’s when doulas were known as Childbirth Assistants or Labor Companions. She is an advanced continuing education provider with DONA International and has been a DONA-approved birth doula trainer for 25+ years. Janine is passionate about helping doulas excel as respected and valued professionals on the maternity healthcare team.