Back to Our Roots: Integrative Lactation Breastfeeding Class for Parents
This comprehensive 3-hour class (one day only) will help you form a successful breastfeeding relationship with your baby. To get the most from this class, it’s best to attend prenatally — but you can also attend after baby arrives.
March 18th, 2023 from 1pm to 4pm
Location: 2436 Loma Vista Dr, Sacramento, CA 95825 | Location map below ↓
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of milk production
- Secrets to ensuring long-term milk production
- How breastfeeding protects both mom and baby
- Understanding the newborn’s innate feeding reflexes and behavior
- The magic of skin-to-skin contact
- Successful latching using “HipsB4Lips” technique
- Hand-Expression and Breast Massage
- When using a breast pump is indicated
- Importance of Baby Wearing
- How developmental milestones impact breastfeeding behavior
- Foods and herbs that support milk supply
- Medications and Breastfeeding
- Diet and Breastfeeding
- Pre-existing health conditions that may impact milk production
- 6 most common breastfeeding problems
- A basic protocol for the non-latching baby
About the Instructor
Jennifer Jordan, RN, IBCLC
I am a Maternal/Child Registered Nurse, and have been a Lactation Professional for over 20 years. It was the birth of my daughter Sarah that transformed my focus and sent me on this journey into the world of babies and mommies.
Over the years, I’ve worked in both the home and hospital setting supporting moms and babies as a L&D nurse, mother/baby nurse, and lactation consultant. As an educator I have led many parents through breastfeeding classes, and I’ve trained doulas and hospital nurses on the most up-to-date breastfeeding information. I’ve worked closely with thousands of new babies and parents and have extensive experience collaborating with nurses, physicians, and allied health members in the community to ensure the best outcomes for the families I support.