This workshop will be held virtually live over Zoom | 8:30am to 5pm daily.
Attendance at this comprehensive workshop fulfills two steps toward certification as a Postpartum Doula with DONA International– your postpartum doula training + the additional lactation course required for certification.
Our workshops are experiential and interactive, offering participants a broad-based learning experience. Participants learn in an environment that fosters self-growth while providing both didactic and hands-on experience. During the workshop participants will gain in-depth knowledge about the role of a doula during the postpartum period as well as an understanding of the emotional experience of birth and life with a newborn.
The Course Curriculum:
- Understanding the role of the postpartum doula
- How pregnancy and birth influence the postpartum period
- The importance of bonding
- The physical care and emotional aspects of the newborn and birth parent
- Understanding newborn characteristics and infant care
- The dynamics of family and friends after birth
- Differentiating ”Baby Blues” from Perinatal Mental Health
- Tools for supporting loss and grief
- Household management
- Lactation and infant feeding
- Communication Skills
- Business aspects of the postpartum doula practice (contract, invoices, etc.)
- Certification requirements + process
Trainer: Trainer: Tracy McPhillips, PDT(DONA) Postpartum doula trainer with DONA International and Certified Lactation Educator
To prepare for attending our live, virtual workshop:
- Make sure you have a quiet, undisturbed environment where you’re not preoccupied or distracted by driving, riding in a car, walking, etc. If you have small children, please have a care person to attend to them to avoid distractions.
- You’ll need to have a reliable Internet connection for the duration of the entire online course. Be sure to keep your video on at all times while the classes are in session so you’re visible on camera. Missing any portion of the live virtual workshop may result in forfeiting your certificate of attendance.
BY ENROLLING IN THIS COURSE OR EVENT YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HERE: https://sierrachildbirthinstitute.com//terms-and-conditions/