Childbirth Education for the Birth Professional
All of our Birth Doula Training workshops begin with a childbirth education class designed specifically for the Birth Professional. Depending on whether you choose our 3-day or 5-day workshop, you will get the same foundational education to begin your doula training.
During this class participants gain a thorough knowledge of pregnancy, the labor and birth process, and deepen and broaden their perspective of birth. Attendance satisfies DONA International’s childbirth education certification requirement.
Please note: For the 3-day Accelerated workshops the CBE class is often referred to as the “Introduction to Childbirth class.”
- The Conscious Baby
- Understanding Pregnancy – Anatomy, Physiology & the Emotional Experience
- The Labor Process
- Giving Birth – What is it really like?
- Medical Pain Management & Possible Interventions
- Complications during Late Pregnancy, Labor & Birth
- Hospital Birth – Routines & Protocols
- Home Birth – Is it safe? Supporting HB families. Hospital transfers.
- Characteristics of the Newborn Baby
- Postpartum Needs: Mother, Baby, Family