Postpartum Doula Training
This is a DONA International approved workshop and one step toward certification as a Postpartum Doula.
The workshop is experiential and interactive, offering participants a broad-based learning experience. Participants learn in an environment that fosters self-growth while providing both didactic and hands-on experience. During the workshop participants will gain in-depth knowledge about the role of a doula during the postpartum period as well as a personal understanding of the emotions and spiritual nature of birth and life with a newborn.
- Understanding the role of the postpartum doula.
- How pregnancy and birth influence the postpartum period.
- The importance of bonding.
- The physical care and emotional and spiritual aspects of the newborn and mother
- Understanding newborn characteristics and infant care.
- The dynamics of family and friends after birth.
- Differentiating ”Baby Blues” from Perinatal Mental Health.
- Dealing with loss and grief.
- Household management.
- DONA International
- Communication Skills
- Business aspects of the postpartum doula practice (contract, invoices, etc.)
- Certification process in details
Trainer: Kathrin Auger, RN, PPDT(DONA)
A bit about Kathrin: