Postpartum Doula Training
This is a DONA International approved workshop and one step toward certification as a Postpartum Doula.
The workshop is experiential and interactive, offering participants a broad-based learning experience. Participants learn in an environment that fosters self-growth while providing both didactic and hands-on experience. During the workshop participants will gain in-depth knowledge about the role of a doula during the postpartum period as well as a personal understanding of the emotions and spiritual nature of birth and life with a newborn.
- Understanding the role of the postpartum doula.
- How pregnancy and birth influence the postpartum period.
- The importance of bonding.
- The physical care and emotional and spiritual aspects of the newborn and mother
- Understanding newborn characteristics and infant care.
- The dynamics of family and friends after birth.
- Differentiating ”Baby Blues” from Perinatal Mental Health.
- Dealing with loss and grief.
- Household management.
- DONA International
- Communication Skills
- Business aspects of the postpartum doula practice (contract, invoices, etc.)
- Certification process in details
LCCE, PCD/PDT(DONA), CLE (she/her)
As an educator, I facilitate an inclusive space where people find encouragement, learn from each other and are free to be who they are. Education and support are empowering. Training doulas is an opportunity to reach more families in transition.
I am certified as a Childbirth Educator through Great Starts and Lamaze. I am also a certified Postpartum Doula and an Approved Postpartum Doula Trainer through DONA International, as well as a Certified Lactation Educator with Evergreen Perinatal Education.
I have two remarkable children and a rocking spouse. I love our family camping trips, being with friends and family, learning something every day, and my cup of tea. And the rain. And soup!